Winning at Losing
Investor’s Business Daily has compiled a 10-point list of traits of successful people in all walks of life. Here they are with a little tweaking to fit your goal to be healthier.
- How you think is everything. Be positive you will achieve your positively stated goals. Surround yourself with supportive, positive people.
- Decide upon your goals. Write down your specific weight loss and fitness goals and a detailed plan to achieve them.
- Do it now. Goals are worthless without action. You’ll never finish the ½ marathon unless you put on the shoes and walk out the door.
- Learn something. How many calories are in a bagel? What should my training heart rate be? What is down dog?
- Persist. Never give up. Get back in the gym today, tomorrow and the day after…and do it again.
- Analyze details. Look back at your food logs and find out which foods make you feel best, keep you full and help you lose weight.
- Focus. Don’t let the donuts in the break room or the rain or the couch prevent you from losing the next five pounds.
- Don’t follow the leader. Don’t let the looks from your spouse, your mom or your lunch date stop you from ordering broiled chicken and steamed broccoli.
- Communicate. No one achieves success without others. Ask for advice. Provide support to others. Say thank you for the help you receive.
- Take responsibility for your actions. Accept responsibility for where you are now. Be honest in everything you do.